Tuesday, January 14, 2020 / by Dawn Schultz
There are five main factors that determine how long a home spends on the market.
How long does it really take to sell a home?
According to Realtor.com, the average time a home spends on the market is about 65 days. However, there are five main factors that affect this number:
1. Location. How close are you to the amenities in your town?
2. Price. Pricing your home appropriately plays a big role in determining its days on market.
3. Inventory. What’s it like in your area? How are supply and demand? When supply is down, the days on market decreases.
4. School districts. This factor is especially important for buyers with children. Many of them research the schools in the area they’re buying in to see how they rank.
5. Condition. Right now, buyers are looking for more move-in ready homes and fewer fixer-uppers.
As always, if you have questions about this or any other real estate topic or you’re thinking of buying or selling soon, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d be happy to help you.